Saturday, September 5, 2009

September 5, 2009 - El Douche



Ah, yes. The illiterate customer. At least that's always my assumption when someone comes in and sort of half describes the drink they want, often using such eloquent and definitive words as "thing" and "stuff", even though there's A BIG MENU ON THE WALL RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM. Perhaps for some, fumbling about with their limited vocabulary for 20 seconds is more efficient than, say, taking 10 seconds to read the menu board and not sound like a complete idiot, but I tend to disagree. Maybe that's what makes me ... "special".

Of course, the only thing more frustrating than a customer who orders complete nonsense (and is then, of course, shocked when you give them the "wrong" beverage) is the order taker who doesn't know what questions to ask. Or, perhaps, said order taker thinks they can read the customer's mind? In some circles, this may be true, but unfortunately I was not granted a staff of psychics and telepaths...

While I'm on the subject of not being able to read minds ... I don't think I will ever understand what certain girls see in the steriotypical douche. The too-tight polo shirt with the half-popped collar, the obviously purposely "messed up" hair, the flip-flops worn all year round, not to mention the predisposition to treating other people like lesser beings... In most cases, one can just look at these individuals and see that the lights upstairs are rather ... dim.

I suppose opposites don't always attract...



***IMPORTANT NOTICE!***

Sorry for the late release this week! My poor, haggard computer was visciously attacked by some particularly nasty malware, which lead to a very time consuming backup and reinstall process that I'd rather not think about ever again...

Also, as of next week, disEnchanted will no longer be released on Wednesday but FRIDAY! After this week's computer trouble, I realized that a Friday release would be better suited to my schedule and give me some time to work ahead and get rolling on some other projects, whose results I will almost definitely share with you via my other blog.

Thanks for your patience, and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This is the first time I've seen your comic, and as a fellow employee, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, good deal! It helps me get through work without killing *too* many people!

    ReplyDelete